Amanda Ghiloni

Amanda Ghiloni, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Amanda Ghiloni is a senior at West Potomac. It's her fourth year on The Wire. She enjoys doing graphic design for the print issues and helping teach the youth about journalism. In her free time, she enjoys going downtown to DC, visiting art museums, and baking.

All content by Amanda Ghiloni
Why Did Past Seniors Lie?

Why Did Past Seniors Lie?

Amanda Ghiloni, Editor-in-Chief
April 18, 2018

Last year, every senior I knew told me not to worry: once I hit second semester of senior year, everything was going to be fine. No worries, no stress, just fun. This was, quite possibly, the least correct...

5 Ways to Get a 5: AP Exam Review

5 Ways to Get a 5: AP Exam Review

Amanda Ghiloni, Editor-in-Chief
April 16, 2018

Stressed about the upcoming AP (Advanced Placement) exams? Here are six different ways to review before May 7th. 1) Review Books Between Barron’s, Princeton Review, and 5 Steps to a 5, every AP...

Bilici (sitting) surrounded by colleagues, some of whom are now in jail, two months before the government takeover.

Abdulhamit Bilici: How Turkey Lost its Largest Newspaper

Abdulhamit Bilici was the editor-in-chief of Zaman, the largest newspaper in Turkey, before it was taken over by the government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Fired and receiving threats of imprisonment,...

New Principal Tanganyika Millard

New Principal Tanganyika Millard

Amanda Ghiloni, Editor in Chief
June 16, 2017

At a faculty meeting the morning of June 16, region superintendent Terry Dade announced West Potomac's new principal Tanganyika Millard. Tanganyika Millard was most recently the principal at Bryant...

Beyond the Page Wraps Up Theatre in Our Schools Month

Beyond the Page Wraps Up “Theatre in Our Schools” Month

Amanda Ghiloni, Reporter
April 6, 2017

For the month of March, the Beyond the Page Theatre Company participated in “Theatre in our Schools Month” for the first time in years. “We’re at a place where we have enough energy and time...

#NeverTrump Exposes Divide in Republican Party

Amanda Ghiloni, Design Editor
May 9, 2016

[View the story "#NeverTrump" on Storify]

The Best of 2015

It's almost 2016, and The Wire is celebrating. 2016 marks a new year in our newspaper's history, and we are excited. Though you might be glad 2015 is ending, the year did have great moments to look...

West Potomac Implements New Bell Schedule

Amanda Ghiloni, Copy Editor
January 10, 2016

West Potomac implemented a new bell schedule to meet state class time requirements on the first week after winter break. “There were some classes that were not meeting the requirement for the county,”...

Margarita Alexo, Grade 11

Wolverines Show Their Spirit With Holiday Outfits

Amanda Ghiloni, Reporter
December 16, 2015

This Wednesday, West Potomac students showed their school pride by wearing outfits inspired by their favorite winter holidays. This spirit day was part of the pre-winter break spirit week planned by the...

November is NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month.

Creative Writing Students Participate in NaNoWriMo 2015

Amanda Ghiloni, Reporter
November 20, 2015

This year, the creative writing class are participating in National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo. NaNoWriMo is a annual creative writing event that challenges writers to write 50,000 words of a novel...

Wolverine SPIRIT: What is it?

Wolverine SPIRIT: What is it?

Amanda Ghiloni, Reporter
September 21, 2015

The SGA and administration have released a new set of values for the school, SPIRIT, which is displayed on posters around the school. “[The purpose of SPIRIT is to] give kids a form to strive for,”...

Catcalling in School Must Stop

Catcalling in School Must Stop

Amanda Ghiloni, Reporter
March 9, 2015

A girl wearing a camisole and cardigan walks down the hall to a chorus of "nice t*ts!" and "hot damn" with whistles filling in between lewd comments. Scenes like this happen everyday in schools around...

Beyond The Page Co. to Perform Little Shop of Horrors

Beyond The Page Co. to Perform “Little Shop of Horrors”

Amanda Ghiloni, Reporter
November 6, 2014

The rock musical “Little Shop of Horrors” is coming to the Kogelman Theatre as The Beyond The Page Theatre Company’s fall production, starting Nov. 6. The show will features two different performing...

Load More Stories
Activate Search
Amanda Ghiloni