West Potomac Students Dance In The Nutcracker

West Potomac students spread the holiday spirit by dancing in the Alexandria Community Nutcracker at Mount Vernon High School, December 2nd-4th. This event is presented by ArtSpireVa. With a very diverse group of boys and girls, the ages of dancers range from 3-18. West Potomac Dance Team coach, Gennifer Difilippo, is the director of the ballet. Difilippo has been involved for 13 years. The show is not an ordinary nutcracker. Instead of only having the ballet style of dance, there will be all styles including jazz, hip-hop, tap, and ballet.  

With the cast being over 150 dancers, many are from West Potomac. Senior Audrey Muendel is the lead role-playing Clara. She said they began practicing in August and have had amazing guest choreographers. “The show has kids ages 3 to 18 in it so it truly is a community Nutcracker. I love performing and being able to dance with my friends as well as share some Christmas spirit,” Muendel said. 

All shows will be at Mount Vernon High School, in the auditorium. There will be four productions of the ballet. The days and the times of the shows will be December 2nd at 5:30, December 3rd at 6:30, and December 4th at 2:30 and 6:30. 

You can order tickets online with the link- https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/5300553. The tickets sold online are $15. You are also able to purchase tickets at the door for $18.