Wellness Day Planned to De-Stress Students

Photo Credit: Claudia Bunea

Wellness Day Flyer

Next week is the last week of the quarter, and West Po will be stressing Wellness. We have two days of school–Monday and Tuesday–then Wednesday will be a half day and the very first West Potomac Wellness Day.  

Each session has different things you can choose from. For example, session one has dance for fitness, jigsaw puzzles, hot cocoa, and conversation.  

Teachers also feel that it is important for everyone in the school to care about their mental health. “Wellness is something we all need,” Ms. Rebecca Mason, West Po teacher and an organizer of the event, said. “It’s not just for students, it’s good for staff too… we don’t get a lot of breaks either, so this is going to be an opportunity for us to be physically well, and emotionally well because it’s important to take breaks for ourselves and physical health.”

The school knows how hard the staff at West Po works to teach education to students, clean the school, and make sure everyone is secured and safe. So to bring a day of fun and relaxation is very important and exciting. “Me, Ms. Knudson, and Ms. Babic, the three of us have really been building this day for you guys in which we are very excited about,” Ms. Mason said.

Students are also looking forward to a day of fun with different activities to do. “I think it’s amazing that students get to do fun activities during school and it really helps students express what they like,” Adan Aguilar, senior, said.

There will be four sessions: 

• Breakfast – 8:10 to 8:20
  • Advisory/3rd period – 8:20 to 8:35
  • Session 1 – 8:45 to 9:30
  • Session 2 – 9:40 to 10:25
  • Session 3 – 10:35 to 11:20
  • Session 4 – 11:30 to 12:15 

Signups opened on 1/12/23 in advisory, sign up as soon as possible. Sign ups close today on 1/19/23.