Jessica Statz Takes the Reigns as the New West Potomac Principal

Jessica Statz, former Assistant Principal at Hayfield Secondary School, now to be Principal for West Potomac High School.

Ms. Jessica Statz starts as the new principal for West Potomac High School on November 20. She is known to the community because of her history in West Potomac High School as an Assistant Principal and Acting Principal in 2016. In 2020, she moved to Hayfield Secondary School as an Assistant Principal and Acting Associate Principal.

Ms. Statz started out her career in education back in 2000 as an English teacher at Lewis High School. During that time, she participated in a Teacher Research Group. From 2008 to 2016, she worked at Langley High School as an assistant principal.
There, she also served as the Chairperson of the School Improvement Plan committee.

Ms. Statz strongly supports Restorative Justice processes and student service projects. She hopes to address chronic absenteeism, on-time graduation, and discipline disproportionality. At Hayfield, Ms. Statz expanded honors and dual enrollment programs, aided clubs and organizations, and encouraged internships.

Alongside her glowing career and experience, Ms. Statz has two Masters in Educational Leadership and a Bachelor of Arts in English and Secondary Education. FCPS released this information in an announcement yesterday on November 9th, welcoming Ms. Statz to her new position.