Fortnite OG Eliminated, New Maps Dropped in “Big Bang”

The map’s before and after the “Big Bang” live event. Visual by Jessica Fultz and Lulu Zawitoski.

Fortnite players have spent the last month dropping in at some of the famed original locations such as Tilted Towers, Pleasant Park, and Salty Springs, all of which were brought back as a part of the limited time return of “Fortnite OG.”

Recently Fortnite had a big update that brought us Chapter 5 and it kicked off with an interactive live event called “The Big Bang.”

“It was fantastic. It brought me back to the good old days of 2018,” Sami Barka, junior said.

Fortnite hosted the Big Bang “live event” where players traveled through space and entered alternate universes featuring Lego, Rocket League, and even a concert with rappers Eminem and Juice World.

The biggest highlight of the “Big Bang” was the introduction of the new map that brought along new features like updated movement, loot pool changes, and weapon mods that have some gamers clashing heads.

“It feels like Call of Duty now. If walking wasn’t so slow, it would be really good, but I’m hyped for Lego Fortnite,” Sammy Mulvaney, senior explained.

Regardless of the current state of the game, players can look forward to the return of “Fortnite OG” in late 2024, recently teased by the official Fortnite account on X/Twitter.