The Ultimate Bathroom Survivial Guide

Your Number 1 and 2 Source for Restroom Advice
Caution is definitely encouraged when choosing which bathroom to use. Students should consider both location and timing when skipping to the loo.
Owen McLenithan

The Ultimate Bathroom Survival Guide

Despite an outstanding custodial staff who works to keep things sparkling, bathrooms at  West Po are still notorious for being dirty, broken or even dangerous. 

Even though they are brand new and should have the shiniest stalls, the overall worst bathrooms are the boy’s and girl’s bathrooms in the 400’s. These bathrooms are consistently dirty and toilets and sinks are often broken. Unfortunately, there are no doors in these bathrooms, so it is harder to do maintenance. To survive this bathroom make sure you never go during switch times or the lunch periods. When you walk in, watch yourself on every step for trash or water puddles. Look for a toilet that isn’t clogged and then you should be safe. This bathroom is very unpredictable, so it could be any of them at any time. Try to be fast though because you want to spend as little time as you can in there, or even better, just don’t. Even with good timing you still will find yourself walking in all sorts of stuff on the floor, and even people sitting on the floor, so it is best to try to avoid this bathroom unless there are no other options. 

Sean Osborne, 9th grade says, “There’s always so many people there and it smells so bad, the toilets are clogged, there’s water on the floor and everything is broken.”

Although this applies mostly to the boys, some bathrooms are closed often, like the 600’s and 700’s. These are usually some of the nicest bathrooms in school, but, wow, do the students rip them to pieces. This can be an inconvenience for students who need to use the bathrooms like if you have class in the 700’s and the bathrooms are closed, the closest bathrooms to the 700’s are the ones in the 600’s. Those bathrooms are also closed quite often, leaving you to have to walk all the way to the cafeteria bathrooms or the ones in Gunston. 

The bathrooms in Gunston aren’t great either as the ones in the 180s/190s usually are quite dirty and have stuff all over the floors. So of the two options after the closings of the 700’s and 600’s, bathrooms you should go to the cafeteria ones because those are almost never closed meanwhile the ones near the gym in gunston usually aren’t closed. These bathrooms are at least better than the 400s, anything is.

Delaney Dean, 9th grade says “The worst bathrooms in the school for the girls I would say are all of the 400s bathrooms because they are vandalized and have a disgusting smell.” 

If you are looking for a clean, quiet space, Springbank bathrooms are the place. These bathrooms are almost always the cleanest, mainly because they are some of the least used. Sinks and stalls are rarely broken and they are usually empty. If your class is anywhere near Springbank, and you need to use the bathroom, you know where to go.

Some people just forget that the intent of the bathroom is for students to use the bathroom.

Most other bathrooms are hit or miss. Sometimes they could be clean, other times they could be dirty, it just depends on the time you go. The times you go matter. If you go during passing then the bathrooms are usually packed with people. If you go during class the bathrooms usually aren’t packed, so during class is probably the best time to go if you don’t want to be in a crowd of people. The worst thing to happen is to try to go to the bathroom while switching classes and get stuck in a bathroom with an amount of people rivaling a Taylor Swift concert. Some students are in the bathrooms to hang out and skip, and some in your midst may be the ones intent to vandalize the bathroom, therefore ruining them for everyone else. Some people just forget that the intent of the bathroom is for students to use the bathroom.

The best time of day to go to the bathroom is without a doubt whenever your P.E. period is. At the beginning of class you go to the locker room and drop your stuff off, but there is also a bathroom in the locker room. This is the best because there are teachers there that will ensure that nobody causes trouble which keeps the bathroom clean. It is by far the definitive time and place to go to the bathroom. The best part of this bathroom is that it is never locked and always clean which make them the best ones in the school. 

The bathrooms at West Po can get quite chaotic, but if you know where to go and when to go, you shall finally know how best to go. Good luck, Wolverines.