Breaking News

The Many Theories on Aliens

In 2017 Mexico found two presumed alien bodies that were recently found to be fakes and made out of a combination of animal and human bones

During the summer of 2023, three former military officials informed congress that the government is hiding things about UFOs that they haven’t told the public. There have been many recent reports about UFOs and aliens, yet there is still so much that is unknown. So what does the news that has been released mean, and how will this information be used in the future?

Former U.S. intelligence official David Grusch is certain the government has possession of unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs). 

Many witnesses are also confident that the government is covering up more UFO information and is brushing off proof that UFOs and aliens exist. 

Rep. Robert Garcia of California, was a prominent voice in the UFO hearing as well. He was the top Democrat on the subcommittee. 

“This hearing will not be the end of this discussion, but a new chapter and start. We should encourage more reporting, and more study of UAPs,” Garcia said during the hearing, according to NBC News.

However, there was no physical evidence of the claims made by Grusch and Garcia so this topic is still up for debate. 

Aliens as Part of Pop Culture

One of the biggest theories about aliens is that the pyramids in Egypt were brought by aliens. This theory revolves around the Egyptians building massive pyramids in Egypt with very rudimentary tools. 

Marie, 10th grade, said “I don’t 100% believe in [the pyramid] theory but it’s not too outrageous that the Egyptians could have built the pyramids, there is a possibility that they were just smart and had the right technology”

Many people, mostly conspiracy theorists, struggled to explain how the Egyptians built the pyramids, prompting a theory that aliens brought or built the pyramids.  

Elon Musk, conspiracy enthusiast, owner of X (formally known as twitter), Tesla, Boring Company, and SpaceX, also referenced this theory by tweeting “Aliens built the pyramids, obv.” 

This theory still stands as a plausible explanation for the pyramids’ origins–if you believe in UFOs. 

Another more recent event in the realm of aliens is that Mexico found two bodies in 2017 that were suspected to be aliens, according to NPR news. 

In 2023, journalist and UFO enthusiast Jaime Maussan, said that these two bodies aren’t like anything earth has ever seen. Maussan proved this with his study results that these bodies were over 1,000 years old. However, researchers have determined that the supposed alien bodies were a combination of animal and human bones, according to EuroNews.

Aliens are still so much of a mystery, and there’s still so much left to discover. 

Ms. Terry, a physics teacher at West Potomac High School, said “I believe that there will be some sort of life found in the future but it won’t be the type of things we see walking around everyday”.