Princess for a Night gathers donations to give female students free prom dresses

Need a dress for prom? Don’t want to go and spend hundreds of dollars on a dress you’ll likely only wear once? Then Princess for a Night has you covered. Princess for a Night (PFAN) is a project that assists young ladies in the Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia by providing dresses, jewelry, shoes, handbags and makeup to them for Prom, free of charge.

This will be the 6th year that PFAN has been operating at West Potomac and providing everyone a chance to have a great night at Prom. The project was started in 2003 and has been going strong ever since. Last year alone, over 350 ladies received dresses through PFAN.

The Princess for a Night stopped taking donations on May 22nd, 2017. And with prom coming up on the 10th of June, that leaves some time for these princesses to get ready for Prom.

Prom this year will be at the Gaylord hotel, like last year, and the theme is Casino Royale, based on the hit James Bond 007 movie of the same name.

“Prom last year was really fun!” says Sean Sullivan, senior at West Potomac. “Seeing a project like Princess for a Night providing the opportunity for many girls to go to Prom who otherwise wouldn’t be able to is great. Prom is definitely something every high school student needs to and should want to experience.”

Prom tickets are still for sale for $75 until Friday, May 26th, and again will be hosted at the Gaylord Hotel at national harbor.