West Potomac Spring Sports Enter The Playoffs

West Potomac athletes across many sports are getting ready for playoff competition. All the teams benefit when classmates cheer them on.

“The fans help us play better, they create an atmosphere that proves we have a positive student-filled community surrounding West Potomac sports.” Mikey Himes, a senior on the soccer team said.

Here’s the schedule for the first games starting Wednesday, May 11:

Boys Lacrosse (10-4): The boys lacrosse team travels to Lake Braddock High School for the second round of the district playoffs, Wednesday, May 11th at Lake Braddock. The game starts at 7:30.

Girl Lacrosse (8-4): The girls lacrosse team travels to Robinson High School for the second round of the district playoffs Wednesday, May 11th. The game starts at 7:30.

Boys Soccer (2-6-2): They have one remaining regular season game, Thursday, May 12th, at West Potomac against West Springfield. The game starts at 7:15. Their playoffs begin Monday, May 16th.

Girls Soccer (3-6-2): They have one remaining regular season game, Thursday, May 12th, at West Springfield High School. The game starts at 7:15. Their playoffs begin Monday, May 16th.

Baseball (10-8): The baseball team travels to W.T. Woodson for the first round of the district playoffs, Friday, May 13th. The game starts at 6:30.

Softball (6-10): The softball team’s opponent is TBD. They play Friday, May 13th. The game will start at 6:30.

Both the Boys and Girls Tennis teams playoffs begin Friday, May 13th.

Track and Field’s district playoffs will be Thursday, May 19th at West Springfield High school starting at 5:00.