Wellness Day Part II

During the last Wellness Day, students had a myriad of choices from painting rocks to listening to Tom Petty to sushi making.
Photo Credit: Mercedes Henwood

Wellness Day Part II Sign-Ups Coming the Week of March 23

After the success of the first ever West Po Wellness Day at the end of the second quarter, organizers have planned a second Wellness Day, again on the last ½ day of the quarter, on April 13. Wellness Day sign-ups will open at 7am on March 24th and close March 31st, according to Ms. Rebecca Mason, ESOL teacher and organizer. “However, sign ups are on a first come, first served basis,” she said.

Chelsea Marfo, sophomore, was absent for the last Wellness Day and is looking forward to the next one. “I’m looking forward to have fun and hang out with friends. I’m hoping they have sushi [like last time] because I’ve never had it, and I want to try it,” she said. ‘I’m also hoping for hot chocolate because I haven’t had that in a long time.”

Organizers received feedback that some students were interested in staying in particular sessions for longer periods of time during the first Wellness Day, so some sessions will be 90-minutes as opposed to all 45 minute sessions like last time.

Additionally, this Wellness Day will have new opportunities relating to service projects. For example, the school will be working with the Travis Manion Foundation to allow students to go on various field trips for community service purposes. 

Students will be provided sign up information for the sessions in advisory during the week of March 23, Ms. Mason said.