Larger Than Life – Album Review

Larger Than Life - Album Review
Brent Faiyaz, a hit Maryland R&B artist released his album on October 27, titled “Larger than Life” to critical acclaim. This follows Brent’s last album, “WASTELAND”. Brent is a critically acclaimed R&B Artist who rose to prominence following his guest feature alongside Shy Glizzy on GoldLink’s 2016 single “Crew”. His first album, “Sonder Son” shined a heavy light on his R&B style and expanded on his storytelling potential. Before the release of Larger than Life, Brent released two singles, “WY@”, and “Moment of Your Life”, including a feature from Coco Jones. These singles showed promise for the album, which Brent delivered on. With a tracklist of 14 songs, shown below, there’s quite a lot to listen to.

The opening song of the album, titled “Tim’s Intro” starts the album off strong, and shows the listener the sound Brent is portraying  with this album. The album is not lacking in features, featuring the likes of A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ant, Babyface Ray, and many others.
From the intro to the outro, Brent creates a calm atmosphere, and through his lyrics and deep melodies, he lets you get lost in his world. The instrumentation in conjunction with the vocals creates a feeling unique from Brent’s other albums. Brent’s older albums were more focused on one, or a couple of sounds, and made an effort to be more cohesive in tone. However, Larger than Life still holds the listener’s attention, and creates a refreshing atmosphere, however not as strong as his other albums.
Larger than Life focuses on Brent and an apparent ex-partner. This is shown clearly in the 13th song of the album, “WY@”. With lyrics like “After this time I’ll be through for real” and “even I know you ain’t no good for me, but you feel so good for me”, it references Brent regretfully going back to his ex again and again.
All in all, Brent’s sophomore studio album is a relaxing and deep listen with multiple amazing features from popular artists.