Breaking News

Teacher Feature: Mrs. Blake

Isabella Greene
Mrs. Blake sitting at her desk.

A geometry and calculus teacher, Mrs. Sariah Blake graduated from BYU with a degree in Math Education. This year is her first year being a full time teacher. She has always had a liking for math, and her dream was always to teach it. 

“I’m good at math, and helping others is also something I really like and so putting the two together just kind of worked out in being a math teacher,” Mrs. Blake remarked.

In her free time, she enjoys weight training and baking. In fact, she used to work at Crumbl Cookies before becoming a teacher. Even though math has always been her favorite subject, she finds that geometry—which she teaches today—is her weakest subject. Her favorite area of math to teach is pre-calc and calc.

When Blake was in high school, she was on the cross country team. She has lots of appreciation for the sport. “I loved it, it was great. It was stressful when you got to the front starting line. The nerves and everything sucks, but once you’re done it’s great,” she said.

If she could recommend one movie to her students, she would recommend the movie Chariots of Fire. Fun fact: she is the fourth oldest of 11. Lastly, something she would say to motivate her students is, “If you don’t like math, you should like math.”