OJ Simpson: A look back after his death

O.J Simpson was one the best football players in history and even won the Heisman trophy in his years of college ball. However, he also made a name for himself for a high profile chase scene in his white Bronco when he was being arrested for the alledged murder of his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend, Ronald Goldman. While he was not convicted at trial, he was found liable in a civil trial. Will he be remembered as one of the greats in football or for nefarious deeds.

Fifteen years after retiring, Simpson’s ex-wife and her friend mysteriously got stabbed to death. Simpson was the main suspect for these murders because of evidence. Like the same size shoe print in the crime scene, and blood of Simpson on the victims in his car.

Shortly after the crimes were over, the police tried to arrest him, but he fled in a white Ford Bronco that belonged to his friend. This was a low speed chase on the freeway of Los Angeles, California, broadcasted on national tv for all to watch. 

Simpson attended the University of Southern California (USC) from 1967-1968. He was a star running back for the USC Trojans football team and had many fans as they watched his amazing performance on the field. He also won the Heisman Trophy, which is an award given to the best college football player in the nation.

His college football career led him to a great start in the National Football League(NFL). He was drafted in round 1 as first pick to the Buffalo Bills where he set even more records, like most rushing yards and NFL player of the year. Which led him to being inducted into the NFL hall of fame. Simpson retired after 11 years of pro football.

Do only guilty people run? Or was it a run from the truth about the murders?

After the highly televised and controversial case was over the court found him not guilty and O.J Simpson was acquitted of the stabbings on October 3, 1995.

After several years had passed, he was found liable in civil court for the deaths and had to pay 33.5 million dollars to the families of the deceased in the civil court case.