Veteran’s Day at West Po

Pictured is sophomore Kylie Rapp (right) laying the stones for the new walkway on the side of Quander building.

On Monday November 12th, West Potomac High School held its 3rd annual Veteran’s Day Project. West Po partnered with the Travis Manion Foundation three years ago, and has held this event every year since. Teachers, parents, active military members, and students worked to make West Po look great while also honoring our Veterans.

That morning, there was an opening ceremony in front of Quander’s front entrance. Following that morning’s ceremony, volunteers began working and according to Leadership teacher Mrs. Byers, “Students were doing some mulching outside of the school.” Byers also said that students were seen painting multiple areas of the school.

There was a large amount of students who participated this year,  freshman and leadership student Evan Wunderlich said, “I chose to do it because I wanted to help with the little things around West Po to make it a better community.” “My job was to plant tulips around the school and when I completed my job, I helped everyone else,” he added. 

The motto of this year’s event was “What will your Legacy be?” To Wunderlich, this is a true question asking “What will you do with your life, and  how will you affect other people?” A video showing some of the highlights from this year’s event can be found in the link below on their “wpaproductions” Youtube channel.