Fantasy Football Fallout

Fantasy Football Fallout

Around this time of the year, the last thing any student want to be is the loser of their fantasy football league. Fantasy football leagues are a group friends or other participants that draft a team full of players from the NFL and then hope
their team can score more points than their opponents every week.

After the regular season it comes down to the playoffs where the best teams square off to determine first
place. Though not sponsored by school, Fantasy Football leauges have become commonplace for West Po
students outside of school during the NFL season.

The league’s winner is crowned champion, but someone also has to finish last, and in some leagues that person typically has to complete a grueling or embarrassing task–all agreed upon by the group at the start of the season.

The IHOP/Restaurant punishment is when the loser has to stay in the restaurant for 24 hours but every waffle/pancake they eat takes one hour off their stay. This is another common punishment and definitely not as cruel as most others.

“We did the IHOP, our loser ate 17 pancakes so they were only there for 7 hours,” Alex Carcamo, senior said. Colin Sullivan, senior, said. The loser in their league had to drink a certain amount of milk and run around a track multiple times
which has become one of the most popular fantasy punishments.

The cage is a new and surging punishment where the loser gets into a dog cage and the rest of the players dump all sorts of things like syrup, flour, and rotten foods on them.

“We did the milk mile, we made our loser drink 11 milks and run 6 laps. I have another league where I lost and I have to do the cage,” Sullivan, said.

Other Popular punishments include getting haircuts, dying hair, singing karaoke, getting a tattoo, and paying fines. Most leagues have wrapped up now as the nation counts down until the kickoff at the Superbowl between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers.