West Potomac Wire Bracket Challenge Update

The West Potomac Wire Women’s Bracket Challenge came to a close on Sunday afternoon. This year’s bracket challenge winner is Stef Waigand who is in the Hollo-Gand homeroom. Waigand had an 88.6% correct bracket, which puts their bracket into 418,074 overall nationwide. The Hollo-Gand homeroom now wins an ice cream party after a hard fought championship game.

South Carolina defeated the Iowa Buckeyes after a very competitive game. Both teams were ranked as the number one seed in their respective regions. The final score was 87-75 and gave the South Carolina Gamecocks and Head Coach Dawn Stanley their third title in seven years. 

The Men’s Bracket Challenge is also a very close race between Mr. Robertson’s Homeroom, and Ms.Mcglynn’s homeroom. The challenge will be decided based on who wins tonight’s game, Robertson has UCONN, while Mcglynn has Perdue. Mr. Robertson currently has a 99% right bracket and is ranked 275,000 place worldwide. 

The Men’s championship game starts at 9:20 and is scheduled to be a highly competitive game between the two number one seeds. The two time player of the year Zach Edey is looking for a must watch matchup against UCONN big man Donovan Clingan. Make sure not to miss this must watch game and see what homeroom wins the grand ice cream party for the men’s side.